From the Frantic 4:00 PM "What's for Dinner?" to Smiles at the Dinner Table!

About Me

My photo
Lucky enough to be born into an Italian-Irish family I spent many, many hours of my early life with my italian grandmother with the teachings of great and authentic italian cooking. I also spent many days with my irish grandmother who in her own right had a mean tomato sauce as well as the irish fare. Both of my grandmothers helped raise me to have an appreciation of food and family, and I will share with you what my grandmothers, my mother, and others have taught me!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Day SideKicks!

Featured Chef - Cindy Syracuse

Other than being my sister-in-law as we both married a Mironti Boy..... Cindy is married to Neno and has two handsome young Mironti boys of her own, Dylan and Tyler!  Cindy is an accomplished marketing executive for Burger King Corporation and has earned great accolades over the years with many successful projects and promotions.  Cindy travels not only the country but the world through her work for Burger King Promotions.  Cindy has a real knack for entertaining and can create great tablescapes too! 

Cindy sent me these two great sidekicks that would go great with ham or any entree on New Year's Day. 

Corn Casserole

Serves 8
Ingredients:
1- 16 oz. can creamed corn
1 -16 oz can of whole corn
8 oz. sour cream
1 egg
1 stick of butter - room temp
1 box of Jiffy corn mix
Directions:
Drain whole corn.
Mix softened butter and cream corn with sour cream and egg.
Beat in the corn and jiffy mix
Pour into pyrex dish
Bake covered - 45 minutes at 375 degrees, uncovered 15 minutes until brown.


Pineapple Souffle
Serves 6
Ingredients
1 can pineapple- not drained. (Cindy indicates when she makes the single recipe she uses
crushed, when she doubles the recipe, she uses crushed and whole
pineapple)
4 cups cut-up bread into cubes(1 loaf of bread)- with or without
crusts. You can substitute whole wheat bread for white
1 stick of butter room temp
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
Directions:
Cream the butter and sugar in mix master, then add the eggs. Add
remaining ingredients. Will look syrupy.
Pour into greased 6x6 pan.
Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees

Thank you Cindy!  I can't wait to try these!

0 comments: